Eligibility criteria (all criteria must be met):
- The dog requires medical treatment for an unforseen illness or injury. Expense for diagnosis excluded.
- The injury or disease for which aid is sought must have a positive prognosis for survival. A licensed veterinarian has assessed all injuries and ailments and has predicted that the dog has a solid chance for a good quality of life with treatment.
- A dog has not received a contribution in the last 6 months. Due to funding limitations, SCAF is currently only accepting applications from those residing in California until further notice.
Applications for the following will not be approved:
- Applications requesting financial aid for routine veterinary care (spay/neuter vaccines, heartworm preventative, dental, etc.) or diagnostic expenses (x-rays, MRI, etc.)
- The applicant has not submitted a written estimate or itemized bill from the attending veterinarian.
- The estimate received from the attending veterinarian does not indicate a positive prognosis for survival.
- The applicant has received a donation from SCAF within the last six months.